Youth Triathlons - Saturday, June 8, 2019
The Deuces Wild Youth Triathlons are part of the USAT West Region Youth Triathlon Championship Series! This means kids ages 7-17 will be eligible to receive points towards becoming a USAT West Region Champion. With three different youth distances for ages 5-15, plus the standard Sprint Distance for 16-17, we have you covered with this family friendly race format!
USAT West Region Championship:
- Do 2 or more USAT sanctioned youth races in the series to be eligible for series awards
- Top 3 places per age group per gender (7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15, 16-17*) will receive additional points as follows: 1st - 3 points; 2nd - 2 points; 3rd - 1 point
- Youth Regional Championship Race will earn 2 additional points, for each of the Top 3 places, in each above age group
- Point standings in each age group will be posted after each series race.
- Top 3 highest total series point winners in each male and female age group are USAT West Region Youth Champions
- Awards will be given after the series standings are finalized. Please be sure your current mailing address is updated on your child’s USAT membership profile so it can be sent to the correct location.
*16-17 are not on the youth course, but can earn points in the sprint event
Age Groups and Distances
Registration fee includes
• Athlete entry
• Race T-shirt
• Post-race refreshments
• Swim cap
• Finisher medal
• Goody bag
• Chip timing with splits
USAT Age Requirements
Children's ages will be determined based on their age on December 31, so they may be in an older age group than the age they are on race day.
This event is USAT sanctioned and will therefore follow USAT Competitive Rules. Those include but are not limited to:
- Each athlete must be USAT Insured – see next section for more details
- Athletes will race according to their age as of December 31st that year
- No flotation devices of any kind are permitted during the swim
- All athletes must wear a helmet approved by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission during the bike portion. No time trial or "aero" helmets allowed
- Helmets must be fastened before mounting the bicycle and remain fastened until the participant has completely dismounted; NO Aero helmets are allowed.
- Aero bars, disk wheels and/or solid wheel cover are NOT permitted
- Cyclists must ride in safe manner, which includes riding in the right lane, keeping two bike lengths between the person in front of them, and passing on the left only
Top 3 Overall Boys AND Girls in each age group:
5-6 • 7-8 • 9-10 • 11-12 • 13-15