DeuceMan Long Course Triathlon - Saturday, June 6, 2020
The DeuceMan is the most challenging race at the Deuces Wild Endurance Festival and is a half-iron distance race covering 70.3 miles. You will swim, bike and run through some of the most beautiful scenery in Arizona and be on a course that will challenge you both physically and mentally.
Swim Course - 1.2 Miles (cut off time 7:15am)
Expected water temperature for the race is between 58 & 65 degrees. Wetsuits are highly encouraged. We do abide by the USAT rules for wetsuit usage, which allows wetsuits to be used in water temperatures up to and including 78 degrees Farenheit. Between 78 and 84 degrees, wetsuits may be used, but participants will not be eligible for age group awards.
The swim will be a one lap triangular course. Athletes will begin the race in the water or on the shore depending on the water level on race day. Wave information including swim start times can be found on our schedule. Once the swim begins, swimmers will proceed from the channel, veering right to the first large buoy. The course will be run in a counter-clockwise direction. Once you hit the first large buoy, turn left and swim to the second large buoy. Remember to keep all buoys on your left. At the second large buoy, turn left again and head for the finish. You do not need to round any buoys as you come back into the channel - just make the turn and head to the boat ramp and swim finish. For those athletes who would like help in removing their wetsuits, volunteers will be available for support. A designated area will be marked for this purpose.
DeuceMan BIKE COURSE - 57 Miles (Cut-off time 12:00 pm)
This 57 mile ride will take you through Ponderosa pines, the high desert and many small towns and communities. This course is hilly, but fast, with a few larger rollers at about the 40 mile mark. Aquabike folks get to call it a day after this!
Below is a turn by turn description of the course:
- 0.0 Start at the Fool Hollow Lake boat dock.
- 1.0 Turn right onto Old Linden Rd
- 1.6 Turn right onto SR260
- 10.5 Aid Station #1
- 15.2 Turn right onto Sawmill Rd (heading toward Clay Springs)
- 16.5 Turn right onto Copper 16.6 Turn left onto Lupine
- 16.8 Turn right onto Pulpmill Rd.
- 20.3 Aid Station #2
- 25.4 Turn right onto SR 277 toward Snowflake/Taylor
- 27.6 Merge right toward Taylor on Papermill Rd.
- 31.2 Aid Station #3
- 36.2 Turn right onto AZ 77 (this is the town of Taylor)
- 45.6 Turn right onto Lone Pine Dam Rd
- 48.6 Aid Station #4
- 52.8 Turn left onto Old Hwy 160 (43rd Ave)
- 55.3 Turn left onto SR260 (dedicated return lane on race day)
- 55.7 Turn left onto Old Linden Rd
- 56.3 Turn left into Fool Hollow Lake
- 57.3 Transition
DeuceMan RUN COURSE - 13.1 Miles (Cut-off time 3:00 pm)
The DeuceMan run course takes athletes along a nicely groomed, scenic trail around Fool Hollow Lake and then into the campgrounds for a tour and lots of encouragement from the campers. A rolling out and back along 16th Ave lets you know where you stand in comparison to your competition, just know that it feels a lot longer than it really is! From there you’ll follow the roads back to the start/finish area, but if you are on lap 1, you’ll have to pass right by and do another short out and back before starting all over again. Next time you come around, though, you’ll take that right turn to the finish line!
- Transition Area
- Bike Course - Approximately every 10-15 miles
- Run Course - Approximately every mile