DeuceMan Long Course AquaBike - Saturday, June 6, 2020
The Deuces Wild DeuceMan AquaBike follows the exact same swim course and bike course as the DeuceMan Triathlon. Once you cross the timing station at the dismount line heading into T2 you are all done - no run for you! AquaBike finishers will not cross the actual finish line on their bike; however, we encourage you to make your way to the finish line to collect your medal and partake in the post-race activities!
Swim Course - 1.2 Miles (cut off time 7:15am)
Expected water temperature for the race is between 58 & 65 degrees. Wetsuits are highly encouraged. We do abide by the USAT rules for wetsuit usage, which allows wetsuits to be used in water temperatures up to and including 78 degrees Farenheit. Between 78 and 84 degrees, wetsuits may be used, but participants will not be eligible for age group awards.
The swim will be a one lap triangular course. Athletes will begin the race in the water or on the shore depending on the water level on race day. Wave information including swim start times can be found on our schedule. Once the swim begins, swimmers will proceed from the channel, veering right to the first large buoy. The course will be run in a counter-clockwise direction. Once you hit the first large buoy, turn left and swim to the second large buoy. Remember to keep all buoys on your left. At the second large buoy, turn left again and head for the finish. You do not need to round any buoys as you come back into the channel - just make the turn and head to the boat ramp and swim finish. For those athletes who would like help removing their wetsuits, volunteers will be available for support. A designated area will be marked for this purpose.
Bike Course - 56.2 Miles (Cut-off time 12:00 pm)
This 56.2 mile ride will take you through Ponderosa pines, the high desert and many small towns and communities. This course is hilly, but fast, with a few larger rollers at about the 40 mile mark. Aquabike folks get to call it a day after this!
Below is a turn by turn description of the course:
- 0.0 Start at the Fool Hollow Lake boat dock.
- 1.0 Turn right onto Old Linden
- 1.6 Turn right onto SR260
- 10.5 Aid Station #1
- 15.2 Turn right onto Sawmill Rd (heading toward Clay Springs)
- 16.5 Turn right onto Copper 16.6 Turn left onto Lupine
- 16.8 Turn right onto Pulpmill Rd.
- 20.3 Aid Station #2
- 25.4 Turn right onto SR 277 toward Snowflake/Taylor
- 27.6 Merge right toward Taylor on Papermill Rd.
- 31.2 Aid Station #3
- 36.2 Turn right onto AZ 77 (this is the town of Taylor)
- 44.7 Aid Station #4
- 51.7 Turn right onto Deuce of Clubs (US 60)
- 52.7 Turn right onto Old Linden
- 55.2 Turn right into Fool Hollow Lake
- 56.2 Transition
- Transition Area
- Bike Course - Approximately every 10-13 miles